Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Earths Inner Structure

 
Throughout the unit I just did I have learned a lot.as you can see. For example, I know know that now the value of rocks can differ all over the place, like geiods are  valuable because they have many minerals on the inside. The things that I learned to support my answer were, the value of most minerals, the amount of crystals in a geiod, their beauty, and that you sell minerals for a higher profit. Our Area of Interaction of the unit was called Environments because minerals do in fact effect the environment. That is because, when you mine it can damage the ground which is part of the environment and minerals are made by the environment not humans. Throughout this unit I think I did quite good. That is because,I understood almost all of the information, I listened, and I took part in all of the activities we did.  I learned a few new skills in this unit such as, how to find out a minerals streak, (Dragging it on a streak plate) mesuring hardness by scratching one mineral on another and the one that got a scratch is the softer one, and how to calculate density.  This unit had many interesting parts in it. The things I found most interesting was learning minerals characteristics, and making the mineral project in which we chose a mineral and made any type of presentation we wanted, and gave all of their characteristics and more. I think the part that was least interesting for me was the mining because , we only learned a bit of it and we really did not do much with it. Next year the things I would change would be; I would maybe do a project like making a miniature model of a  subsurface mine,  try testing how to measure hardness,  table discussions on mining, and Learning a bit more about mining and how it works.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the feedback Abby! These are all great suggestions. Your web is amazing. It is clear that you learned a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent overview, it pointed me out something I didn’t realize before. I should encourage for your wonderful work. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. Thank you for sharing this information with us.**
    Emergent Ventures

    ReplyDelete