Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Brand New Bat

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/02/120223-new-bat-species-vietnam-animals-science/
Christine Dell'Amore
Published February 24, 2012

 Believe  it or not this is an actually species of bats. It is called the New Leaf-Nose Bat. This unusual bat was found in Vietnam. When this bat was found it was mistaken for the leaf-nosed bat. However the leaf-nosed bat is more gentle then this new species is a bit more hostile. The scientists who discovered the new leaf-nosed bat did some tests on it, but they do not have a lot of information on it. However the bat calls at a different frequency than other bats.

I think that this article was interesting even though they did not have too much information. I chose this article because I was scrolling down my screen for an interesting article and I was just looking at the pictures. Then the same picture of the bat popped up and I knew I had to use it.

1 comment:

  1. This is interesting! Maybe they just have different personalities, or didn't like being looked at! We will be studying what frequencies are in the spring! This article was a good connection.

    ReplyDelete