Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Volcanoes

In my science class we had to research volcano and  a topic on that volcano. In my group of three we had the volcanoes "Mt. Aso and Mt. Kilauea" and the topic that had to be connected to the people was when do restrictions come up and a bit extra on the people, I was getting the information about the people. Once we had all of the data we had to make a presentation of our choice, we chose to make a movie. I think our presentation was considerably well considering that we are only in sixth grade and it was the first movie. I think our movie could have had a bit more information in it.And in the last scene the volume was a bit to soft so we had to say it.Something good we did was that it was not boring because we put a bit of a story into it. I think if I gave myself a grade out of six it would be a five. I would give myself that because there was a difficulty hearing the video but we did have good data. The whole time we were watching others presentation I learned quite a bit. I learned some people actually live around volcanoes, there are three volcanoes in the Philippines, a caldera is a big hole made by a big explosion by a volcano, Mt. Etna is in Italy,and many other facts.  A lot of people are affected by living by volcanoes. The volcano may give them good soil so they could be planting crops there, they have to be careful if the volcano erupts, the SO2 level gets to high, and if the volcano starts releasing CO2.I also learned how volcanoes affect the world the in the following ways; smoke released destroys the ozone layer, the volcano helps soil, and they can simply be a great thing to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment