Tuesday, September 20, 2011

NASA satellite is going to crach

Defunct NASA satellite tthis weeko crash to Earth
By Irene Klotz
Reuters New Service
September 19, 2011


NASA is saying that this week a satellite will crash back into Earth. The name of it is CAPE CANAVERAL, it doesn't work any more. It will happen most likely on Friday, but it could be Thursday, or Saturday. The satellite will split into around twenty six pieces.They could land almost anywhere. The biggest piece will way around 331 pounds, or 151 kg. The chance of any of the pieces hitting you is one in 3,200, so don't be worried about it. It will probably land in the ocean or a patch of land where nobody lives. The satellite worked for fourteen years, but no it does not work anymore and it is being pulled by Earths gravity, and that is how it is happening.

I think that this passage was very interesting. A part of that satellite could actually land here in Serbia. One of my questions are that how do they know that the satellite will split into about twenty six pieces? Also how do they get the odds "1 in 3,200"? Another thing I found interesting was that when satellites have came down in the pat they have never hit any one.

5 comments:

  1. At fist, when I was reading the first paragraph, I was biting my fingers out of fear, but then when it said that not any satellite hit anybody, I relaxed. Good writing. I liked the topic you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice and interesting news topic Abby, and I find your questions very thoughtful, how can they say it will split into 26 pieces?!?!
    Good job Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool I wonder where it will land I would like it to land in the sea because one no will get hurt beside fish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your thoughts and questions! I also can't understand how they know these things. I hope none of the pieces is going to land in Serbia or other pieces of land where people and animals live. I think it's an interesting topic :)
    Just: where did you get the information from? From an online article?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's what I was wondering too Mira. Where are you getting your articles Abby? This was a very startling topic for a few days in the news. Your questions were very good and I find myself wondering the same things. Good job.

    ReplyDelete