Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mind control


Monkey mind control-- a breakthrough for paralysis
By Tatiana Ramil
Reuters New Service
Oct. 6th, 2011

Mind control has been a dream that we have had for over one hundred years. Now it is a reality, almost. Some of the scientists think that they are so close to help the disabled walk or move a limb that they had lost. Monkeys were their test subjects. It started out, the monkeys have a joystick infron of them and they have to move it to find objects. That made them know when they turned it to the left the limb went left. After that they still had the joystick but it was not on. They did that to think that the monkey was doing it with the joystink and not their minds. Scientists are hoping to make an exoskeleton for the disabled so they can move and hopefully feel what they do.


I think this is spectacular. I am glad that the disabled will have a way to move. Also I was always curios how they taught the limb to move so I thought this was very interesting.

2 comments:

  1. I like this idea! I am also glad that disabled will get a chance to move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like this idea, but what do you mean that they are planning to make an exoskeleton? How would they use this brain control?

    ReplyDelete