Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Memory test

http://sciencenewsforkids.org/articles/20101103/Note1.asp

by Stephan Omes November 3 2010

You might say " Uh oh! We have a test tomorrow and I need to study." When you get home you might read the notes over and over again, but that will not always work. Another thing that does not really help is highlighting the information. You might not like what I am going to write now, but it helps to take many tests. There was an experiment in Kent State (My cousin goes there) in Ohio testing this and they proved that it helps to take tests. What they did was they quizzed some kids and they let the other people study normally. The people who took many quizzes had better scores. As you can see, when you have your next test you shouldn’t read the things over and over again give yourself some small tests.


I think that the article was interesting because I always thought that reading the information helps. I also liked it because now I am going to give myself pretests next time we have a test.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm. So, maybe teachers should give mini pre=tests before the big one right?

    ReplyDelete