Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Paper Airplane Captures Stunning Images From Space

by Meera Dolasia 11/14/2010

http://www.dogonews.com/2010/11/15/paper-airplane-captures-stunning-images-from-space

One day three men made a special paper airplane. The name of that paper plane was “Vulture 1”. It was made out of tough paper and straws. However, before you start making paper airplanes you should know it is a very advanced design. For fun they put a toy astronaut in it. They put a GPS and a small camera on the plane. When they finished making it they launched it on October 28th. To make fly, they attached a helium balloon over 89,000 feet high until the balloon popped. When it landed it was only 40 miles away from where they launched it. While it was still flying it took some really cool photos.

I think that it is amazing what some paper can do. I want to see the design they used. I also want to see how it looked when the plane was floating to the ground. I think it would have looked very graceful.

3 comments:

  1. Abby I used the same site and I did the same article. We both probbably think its cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Abs,
    nice work and I also think it is very interesting. I like your choice of words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, i never knew that good job!

    ReplyDelete